PET-G with Carbon filament Spectrum Filaments
PET-G with Carbon is a carbon-reinforced material with increased hardness and rigidity. Filament Spectrum PET-G Carbon is a modified PET-G plastic with the addition of carbon fiber. This provides a significant increase in stiffness, hardness and tensile strength of this material, while maintaining low shrinkage and very good adhesion to the work surface. Adding 10% carbon allows you to get matte surfaces of manufactured elements. Thus, the aesthetic value of printed elements is significantly increased.
Keep in mind that due to the high content of crushed carbon fiber, it is recommended to use nozzles with a diameter larger than the standard 0.4 mm. In addition, the presence of carbon fiber can cause abrasion of brass nozzles, so for long-term 3D printing with Spectrum PET-G Carbon plastic, it is recommended to use stainless steel nozzles.
PET-G Carbon characteristics
- Improved hardness and rigidity as compared to the pure PET-G.
- Higher plasticisation temperaturę as compared to the pure PET-G.
- Improved abrasion resistance.
- VICAT 80 °C.
- Much higher compression resistance as compared to the pure PET-G.
- Good mechanical properties.
- High aesthetic, matte surface quality.
- No shrinkage after cooling.
PET-G Carbon usage
- Items which need to be very rigid and hard while maintaining dimensional accuracy.
- Manufacturing of spacer components subject to static compressive loads.
- Concept and demo prototyping of designed finished and semi-finished products.
- Ornamental parts (aesthetic properties).
- External structural components which emphasise the product.
PETG Carbon Packaging
The thread weighing 0.5 kg is wound on a transparent spool, which contains information about the type of material, diameter, color and recommended printing temperature. Each coil is packed in a vacuum with a dehumidifier. All in the original Spectrum Filaments foil cardboard.
- Outer diameter - 200 mm.
- Width - 55 mm.
- Inner diameter - 52 mm.
- Weight of empty coil - ± 250 g.
Verify quality of 3D plastic thread
Spectrum Filaments is the only company in Poland and one of the few in the world that has a tool for testing purchased filaments. VERIFY YOUR SPOOL is the most accurate quality control system on the market, ensuring that Spectrum Filaments products meet his stringent requirements.
Filament for 3D printers is produced by free extrusion, which is one of the most difficult extrusion processing technologies, due to the particularly significant influence of process parameters on product dimensions and material homogenization. During the manufacturing process, each 1mm of Spectrum Filaments is continuously measured in 2 axes with an accuracy of ±0.8 µm, resulting in a quality end product. To prove this, Spectrum Filaments, as one of the few manufacturers in the world, has introduced the possibility of an online presentation, individually for each coil produced:
- diameter travel along the entire length of the coil;
- average diameter;
- standard deviation.
Buy strong and rigid plastic for 3D printing
|Ø Of Plastic (mm)||1,75|
|Print Temperature (°C)||Up to 270|
|Diameter Tolerance (mm)||+/- 0,05|
|Thermal Resistance (°C)||Up to 80|
|Print Temperature (°C)||230 - 255|
|Bed Temperature (°C)||60 - 80|
|Closed Chamber||Not required|
|Active Cooling Fan (%)||Up to 100|
|Flowrate (%)||100 - 105|
|Print Speed (mm/s)||30 - 70|
|Retraction - Direct (mm)||1 - 3|
|Retraction - Bowden (mm)||4 - 6|
|Retraction Speed (mm/s)||25 - 45|
|Weight & Dimensions|
|Plastic Weight (kg)||0,5|
|Weight Brutto (kg)||0,9|