Heat-resistant and impact resistant PLA Pro
Heat-resistant and impact resistant PLA Pro plastic for 3D printing by Spectrum Filaments.
PLA Pro is a modified PLA plastic that is used to make plastic threads for 3D printing on FDM / FFF 3D printers. The material has improved heat resistance and high impact strength, which makes its characteristics close to ABS. But at the same time, all the characteristics of PLA are also inherent in PLA Pro. It is easy to print: it has low shrinkage, excellent adhesive properties and excellent surface quality of the printed product. Thus, it is possible to obtain high impact resistance of printed products with high tensile strength and significant rigidity, which is characteristic of PLA-based materials.
The modified chemical composition has improved the fluidity of the material, making the filament suitable for industrial applications, which requires good mechanical strength properties, high printing efficiency and, most importantly, the ability to increase printing speed to increase the power of the additive production process. Therefore, it is an excellent alternative to styrene-based materials.
Post annealing PLA Pro
Filament PLA Pro can be treated at high temperature using a heating chamber. After the model crystallizes, it is characterized by increased thermal resistance (up to 85 °C) and almost twice higher resistance than standard ABS.
The following are general recommendations for the crystallization process:
- Heat the camera to a temperature range of 110 °C to 120 °C.
- If possible, measure the temperature in different places to make sure there are no hot / cold spots. Uneven heating can lead to unexpected distortion and suboptimal operation of the part.
- Place the printed part in the heating chamber on a flat surface to avoid changes in geometry during the annealing process.
- The standard crystallization time of parts with a wall thickness of approximately 3.2 mm is on average 20 minutes.
- After removing the element from the heating chamber, allow the parts to cool in the environment.
- If a water bath is used, the item may need a slightly higher temperature for crystallization (the bath temperature should not exceed 110 °C - 120 °C).
Be sure to follow the safety procedures when working at elevated temperatures.
PLA Pro characteristics
- Good alternative for styrene-based materials.
- Increased thermal resistance (up to 85°C) – post annealed.
- Extremely high impact resistance as compared to classic materials based on PLA.
- Impact resistance nearly 50% higher than classic ABS material.
- High durability comparable to ABS prints.
- Higher process capacity due to the possibility to increase the printing speed (as a consequence of improved flowability).
- Perfect side surface.
- Better adhesion between layers allowing for smoother side surfaces.
- Easy separation of the object from the bed.
PLA Pro usage
- Functional prototyping.
- Concept and demo prototyping of designed finished and semi-finished products.
- Industrial design.
- Parts that require high impact strength.
- Outer diameter - 200 mm.
- Width - 67 mm.
- Inner diameter - 52 mm.
- Weight of empty coil - ± 250 g.
Buy in Europe heat-resistant impact strength PLA Pro
|Ø Of Plastic (mm)||1,75|
|Print Temperature (°C)||Up to 270|
|Diameter Tolerance (mm)||+/- 0,05|
|Thermal Resistance (°C)||Up to 85|
|Colours||Arctic White, Bahama Yellow, Bloody Red, Blue Lagoon, Carrot Orange, Chocolate Brown, Coral, Dark Grey, Deep Black, Dragon Red, Forest Green, Ivory Beige, Ivory Beige, Lime Green, Lion Orange, Magenta, Military Khaki, Navy Blue, Pacific Blue, Pastel Turquoise, Pearl Bronze, Pearl Gold, Pink Panther, Polar White, Rust Copper, Silver Star|
|Print Temperature (°C)||185 - 230|
|Bed Temperature (°C)||0 - 45|
|Closed Chamber||Not required|
|Active Cooling Fan (%)||Up to 100|
|Flowrate (%)||100 - 105|
|Print Speed (mm/s)||40 - 150|
|Retraction - Direct (mm)||1 - 3|
|Retraction - Bowden (mm)||4 - 6|
|Retraction Speed (mm/s)||20 - 45|
|Weight & Dimensions|
|Plastic Weight (kg)||1,0|
|Weight Brutto (kg)||1,4|